I’m usually not one to blather on about resolutions, mainly because my past experiences have morphed the fun and excitement out of completing resolutions into disappointment if I don’t cross them off some list. So, this year, I’m resolving not to make resolutions, but rather to document experiences that I’m looking forward to. Below are five things that I’m particularly excited for in the upcoming year:
My first Goodreads reading challenge. 100 books in 365 days? Let’s do this!
My second half marathon. Looking forward to improve my time now that I know what to expect.
Attending the nuptials of very good friends, on both coasts.
Consistently practice mindfulness, with the assistance of Bikram Yoga.
Developing my culinary self in the kitchen.
And there you have it. Fairly simple, yet necessary, experiences to nourish my mind, body, and soul. What experiences are you looking forward to in 2013?
Participating in the Top 10 of 2012 has been so much fun! Many, many thanks to the co-hosts of this event: Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun, Two Chicks on Books, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads. For the final Top 10… are books that I’m looking forward to in 2013. So, so difficult, but here they are (again, in no particular order):
1. Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
2. Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout
3. Reckless by S.C. Stephens
4. Splintered by A.G. Howard
5. Calculated in Death by J.D. Robb
6. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
7. Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
8. Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian
9. Out of Breath by Rebecca Donovan
10. Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins
Today’s post was by far one of the more difficult lists to make this week as part of the Top 10 of 2012 co-hosted by Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun, Two Chicks on Books, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads. So many delicious possibilities to choose from! I realize that my book boyfriends tend to be snarky, overprotective, intelligent, and vulnerable – all wrapped up in a nice package! Again, in no particular order, my favorite book boyfriends:
1. Daemon from Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
2. Patch from Finale (Hush, Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick
3. Kellan Kyle from Effortless (Thoughtless #2) by S.C. Stephens
4. Kale from Toxic (Denazen #2) by Jus Accardo
5. Four/Tobias from Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth
6. Jude Ryder from Clash (Crash #2) by Nicole Williams
7. Lucas from Easy by Tammara Webber
8. Brian Ross from Rock Me (Ross Siblings #2) by Cherrie Lynn
9. Jordan Levitt from Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters
10. Andrew from The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
Merry Christmas Eve, all! A lover of reflection and lists, I jumped at the chance to participate in the Top 10 of 2012 co-hosted by Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun, Two Chicks on Books, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads.
Best Books of 2012 (in no particular order):
1. Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens – My review here.
2. Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout – The queen of YA sexy sci fi. Daemon is most definitely on the book boyfriend list.
3. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry – My review here.
4. Easy by Tammara Webber – My review here.
5. Serial Killer Whisperer by Pete Early – An awesome non-fiction about traumatic brain injury and serial killers.
6. Is Everyone Hanging Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling – My review here
7. If I Stay by Gayle Forman – My review here
8. Bossypants by Tina Fey – My review here
9. Toxic by Jus Accardo
10. The Witness by Nora Roberts
It’s Monday! What are you reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey that spotlights what we’re reading, plan on reading, or finished reading. The holidays are in full swing and amidst the baking, holiday shopping, and gift wrapping, I’ve been behind with this blog – and with working out as well. Not too happy about that, but am trying to work harder to have more balance between this chaotic and equally wonderful time.
Bonus: FLAT OUT LOVE is on the Kindle Lending Library list!
Hopefully you’re also having an equally wonderful and chaotic time during this holiday season. What’s on your list this week?
Despite the unsavory background of Thanksgiving (yes, I am that person in the family, thank you Howard Zinn) I appreciate dedicating ONE day of the entire year to giving thanks in our lives. I am oh so thankful for my health, my job, my family, and friends who are like family. I’m also thankful to have the motivation to keep this blog up and running, and to you, my fellow book enthusiasts. If you are reading this, know that I appreciate you!
With that said, other bookish things that I am thankful for:
OPAL by Jennifer L. Armentrout Giveaway. Click here to participate!
Authors and publishers that provide me with the privilege to provide early reviews.
Fun memes! From It’s Monday! What are you reading? to Teaser Tuesdays and Waiting on Wednesdays…these events help me feel connected with the bookish community and keep me grounded in my love of books.
And, last but not least, my love for list-making and reflection are combined as I’m participating in this year’s TOP 10 of 2012