It’s Monday! What are you reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey that spotlights what we’re reading, plan on reading, or finished reading. The last few weeks I have been running around – literally – as I continue to prepare for my half marathon next weekend. As part of my “preparation”, I also completed the Awesome 80’s 10K run with my cousin for her birthday. SO MUCH FUN. I ended up channeling 80’s Workout Barbie, from the electric blue leggings to the hot pink leg warmers to the one shoulder sweatshirt and of course, the high side pony.
- The Serial Killer Whisperer by Pete Earley – the true story of a man who experiences a Traumatic Brain Injury as a teenager, subsequent personality shift, and ends up writing letters to incarcerated serial killers, who just happen to write back to him. This is a morbid book and not for the faint of heart, as Eearley incorporates excerpts of the actual letters.
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson – got pushed back the last few weeks in lieu of morbidity (see above) and teen crush (see below), but am determined to finish
- All the President’s Men by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein – saw the movie recently and immediately went to my nearest library to check out this book. Cannot believe this was the reporting that eventually brought down a presidential administration. Restores my faith in investigative journalism.
Just Finished (full reviews to come, I promise!):
- Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout – The action. The romance. The twist(s). Team Aiden FTW.
- In the Band by Jean Haus – parentified female drummer, hot but sensitive guitarist. Found a new author to love.
- Happy Hour (Racing on the Edge) by Shey Stahl – not a bad indie debut, but can definitely use an editor, and a less-is-more approach when comparing car parts to body parts. a few times is cute, even tongue-in-cheek. every single time is overkill.
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – a genuinely suspenseful, well-paced, sexy sequel
- The Shattered Dark by Sandy Williams – cannot wait to catch up with McKenzie and Aren
Hmm, didn’t realize until now that the books I just finished reading were YA and books I’m currently reading are non-fiction/biography. Go figure. What about you? What are you reading?