It’s been a while since I’m participated in this event. Glad to be back. It’s Monday! What are you reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey that spotlights what we’re reading, plan on reading, or finished reading. The new year has so far brought frigid temps (for spoiled southern californian’s loose definition of frigid, that is) and subsequent feelings of lethargy and sluggishness. Thus, I have spent (too) much of my time recently snuggled in bed with hot tea and books. I think I need a reboot, stat.
What about you? What’s on your reading list this week?
I’m usually not one to blather on about resolutions, mainly because my past experiences have morphed the fun and excitement out of completing resolutions into disappointment if I don’t cross them off some list. So, this year, I’m resolving not to make resolutions, but rather to document experiences that I’m looking forward to. Below are five things that I’m particularly excited for in the upcoming year:
My first Goodreads reading challenge. 100 books in 365 days? Let’s do this!
My second half marathon. Looking forward to improve my time now that I know what to expect.
Attending the nuptials of very good friends, on both coasts.
Consistently practice mindfulness, with the assistance of Bikram Yoga.
Developing my culinary self in the kitchen.
And there you have it. Fairly simple, yet necessary, experiences to nourish my mind, body, and soul. What experiences are you looking forward to in 2013?
Participating in the Top 10 of 2012 has been so much fun! Many, many thanks to the co-hosts of this event: Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun, Two Chicks on Books, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads. For the final Top 10… are books that I’m looking forward to in 2013. So, so difficult, but here they are (again, in no particular order):
1. Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
2. Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout
3. Reckless by S.C. Stephens
4. Splintered by A.G. Howard
5. Calculated in Death by J.D. Robb
6. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
7. Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
8. Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian
9. Out of Breath by Rebecca Donovan
10. Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins
Today’s post was by far one of the more difficult lists to make this week as part of the Top 10 of 2012 co-hosted by Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun, Two Chicks on Books, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads. So many delicious possibilities to choose from! I realize that my book boyfriends tend to be snarky, overprotective, intelligent, and vulnerable – all wrapped up in a nice package! Again, in no particular order, my favorite book boyfriends:
1. Daemon from Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
2. Patch from Finale (Hush, Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick
3. Kellan Kyle from Effortless (Thoughtless #2) by S.C. Stephens
4. Kale from Toxic (Denazen #2) by Jus Accardo
5. Four/Tobias from Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth
6. Jude Ryder from Clash (Crash #2) by Nicole Williams
7. Lucas from Easy by Tammara Webber
8. Brian Ross from Rock Me (Ross Siblings #2) by Cherrie Lynn
9. Jordan Levitt from Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters
10. Andrew from The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
Every once in a while, I like to get out of the fiction bubble that I usually reside in and enjoy a nice non-fiction book (including memoirs and biographies). I haven’t been as good mixing genres this year as I have in the past, but, oh well. Something to work towards next year, right? As always, the books listed below are in no particular order:
1. The Serial Killer Whisperer by Pete Earley
2. All the President’s Men by Carl Bernstein & Bob Woodward
3. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
4. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
5. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
6. Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
7. Bossypants by Tina Fey
8. Paris in Love by Eloisa James
9. Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch by Sally Bedell Smith
10. SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper by Howard E. Wasdin & Stephen Templin
Merry Christmas Eve, all! A lover of reflection and lists, I jumped at the chance to participate in the Top 10 of 2012 co-hosted by Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun, Two Chicks on Books, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads.
Best Books of 2012 (in no particular order):
1. Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens – My review here.
2. Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout – The queen of YA sexy sci fi. Daemon is most definitely on the book boyfriend list.
3. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry – My review here.
4. Easy by Tammara Webber – My review here.
5. Serial Killer Whisperer by Pete Early – An awesome non-fiction about traumatic brain injury and serial killers.
6. Is Everyone Hanging Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling – My review here
7. If I Stay by Gayle Forman – My review here
8. Bossypants by Tina Fey – My review here
9. Toxic by Jus Accardo
10. The Witness by Nora Roberts